12.17.2010

It's the time together that matters most


I really enjoy the holidays.   I like the food, the parties, all the sparkly things, the decorations, the hustle and bustle (ok not that so much).  My favorite thing by far is time spent with the people I love.  I am so fortunate to have both of my parents living, as well as my siblings, my children and grandchildren- I am so blessed. 
However, this causes a twinge in my heart.  I know it won't always be like this, because believe it or not, we all have a 100% chance of dying, unless of course, Jesus comes back and gets us before then:)  All of you who have lost someone near and dear to you, whether it be a recent loss, or a loss from years ago, my heart hurts for you and, you are in my prayers.  For those of us who don't fully grasp the urgency of spending time together, I pray that you will have the time to realize the blessing of family, so that you will not have regrets later in life.  We all have a life that we were blessed with, and we all have a God who was gracious enough to allow us to spend this life the way we choose, good or bad.  Please take time to prioritize the really important things in life, you'll find that the house, car, clothes, and sparkly things are wonderful, but, it's love of people that makes the world go 'round!

Many Blessings and Merry Christmas!






No comments:

Post a Comment