6.03.2010

Minnies Peach Cobbler















photo courtesy of I Nancy-Flickr

Who doesn't love homemade cobbler with a little whipped cream, ice cream or both, here's an easy go to recipe that my husbands grandmother gave me a few years back. Nothing ever tastes as good as grandmas, but it's pretty close:

Peach Cobbler

4 cups fresh fruit washed & cut into pieces
1/2 cup butter softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 cup boiling water

Place fruit in casserole, set aside. cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar beating well. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and add to creamed mixture. Stir milk and vanilla into creamed mixture. Pour batter over fruit. boil water, remove from heat and add remaining sugar and cornstarch to water, mix well, pour over batter and bake for 45-50 minutes at 375 degrees.

Be sure to check the center of your cobbler with a fork, if it slides out clean, it's done.

2 comments:

  1. I made this recipe for my family and they loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this recipe for my family and they loved it!

    ReplyDelete