8.01.2010

Light shopping

As we continue to work on building our home in the country, I've been excited at all the wonderful things I get to shop for:  floors, paint, sinks, toilets, baseboards, doors, door knobs etc.  Look at some of they lovely lights I've found:


horchow


I'm finding knock offs of  the lighting I really like, because  I refuse to pay $1500 for a light fixture, but, I'd love to see the home of the girl who does:)   I'm all about frugal, and if you shop around enough, with a good plan, you can find tons of knock offs of horchow, pottery barn, ballard design, and many more expensive designs, at some of your local lighting stores and even on ebay.   You can also buy some old brassy chandy at your local habitat store, and with a little ORB metal spray paint, you can bring new life to an old fixture.  Consider updating some of the lighting in your home.  You'll be surprised at how a sophisticated fixture can change the look of an ordinary room. 


Have a great week!





1 comment:

  1. Isn't looking for fixtures FUN! Love the pics you posted. Your comment on my recent dining room post of using chandelier shades is a great idea. The only problem is that I have shades on my entry chandelier, which is open and viewable to my dining room fixture and I'm afraid it would be too matchy matchy. Thanks you so much for the advice, though. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete